KNU History Milestones
On October 4, 1922, Kryvyi Rih Evening Workers’
During the World War II, KMI was evacuated to Nizhni Tagil and had been working in the building of the local metallurgical technical school since September 20,
In 1969, 39 research works performed by the Institute scientists were exhibited at the All-Union Exhibition of Achievements of National Economy. The Institute was awarded with the Great Gold Medal and the 1st degree Diploma. 29 lecturers and 23 students were given the exhibition medals and premiums. In 1972, the Mining Institute was awarded the Order of the Red Banner of Labour for merits in training engineers and developing scientific studies. Many Institute lecturers and scientific workers received state rewards. In 1982, KMI was awarded the Recognition Certificate of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the
In 1994, the Institute got the status of a technical university.
On March 21, 2011, the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine established
The University comprises eight faculties: mining-metallurgical, civil engineering, geological-ecological, electric-engineering, machine-building, information technologies, transport, economics and business management. It includes six colleges (Automobile Transport, Mining, Mining and Electromechanic, Inhulets, Industrial, Polytechnic) and two research institutes (Scientific Research Mining Institute and Scientific Research Institute of Labour Safety and Ecology in Ore Mining and Metallurgical Industry).