Faculty of Geology and Ecology
Panova Svitlana Mykolayivna
Acting Dean of Geology and Ecology Faculty, associate professor of Ecology Department, PhD (Engineering), Associate Professor.
The Faculty was founded in June 1953.
The Faculty trained about 3500 geological engineers, environmental engineers, geodesists, minerals processing engineers, mine surveyors over the period if its existence. Some 150 citizens of Algeria, Mali, Guinea, Congo, Syria, Laos, Vietnam, Cuba, Colombia and other countries of Africa, Asia and Latin America proceeded to the Faculty of Geology and Ecology, where they obtained engineering degree. Approximately 100 graduate students of the Faculty have defended PhD thesis and continued working as university teachers.
The Geological and Mineralogical Museum awarded the title of Ukraine’s National Heritage and “Monolit” University tourism and mountain climbers club are also affiliated with the Faculty.
There are three departments at the Faculty. They are “Geology and Applied Mineralogy”, “Ecology”, “Geodesy”.
Teaching and educational process at the Faculty has been provided by highly-qualified university teachers, scientists and practitioners. The academic staff consists of 4 Doctors of sciences, 21 PhDs, 3 of them are awarded the title of Professor and 17 are Associated Professors.